1/13/2008

I haven't updated all year...

Hey everyone. Sorry I didn't update my blog over the Christmas holidays. It was pretty busy in the house and I couldn't fine the time.
Anyway, my holiday was really fun. Kelli stayed for about two weeks, and we had a lot of fun with her here. She taught us how to play some card games like poker and also showed us some cool magic tricks :P
It was really nice to have her around.

We got a family Christmas present this year. Its a lap top called a OLPC XO-1 (er…I think anyway) and because we bought it, a kid in Africa or India or somewhere gets one to help them with their education :D
You can read more about it here if you want. Its quite interesting :)


It hasn't snowed here yet, but the pond in the park did freeze over and it got pretty cold. Kelli taught us that if you throw a rock across the ice and theres an odd sort of echo when it slides, that means there is water under the ice and its not stable. A really useful trick I've found. Thomas says if it does snow it won't be until around February.

We're still trying to take down our Christmas decorations, but can't seem to do it. We trimmed the tree so it has no more branches, but still have the trunk and the lights up. As for the stockings, we stuffed them with the baubles from the tree and they don't seem to go anywhere yet. We're not sure weather to burn the wreath... and the tinsel makes such a nice reflection we can't seem to move it. But I'm sure we'll be able to do it soon... Probably the day we send off the gifts to you Jess, leah, and CJ. Which will be soon we promise :)

Anyway, Here are some links to some cool news reports and videos mom showed me. Enjoy :D



This kinda grosses me out a bit. Could you imagine finding one of these in your house? But in a way their kinda cute. I hope they don't do loads of tests and stuff on them... I hate when they do that.

A girl called Annette Obrestad beat a famous poker player Doyle Brunson in the World Series of Poker :D
She is only 19 And won £1m!
I'm glad to see a girl win :P
You can read more here.

If your boared, here are 45 Things You Can Learn Online for Free :P

I don't know if anyone needs some storage tips, but heres some if you need it :P

and that's all for tonight. I'll update again soon. Maybe in about a week or so.
Until then, bye :)

1 commentaire:

Nichard Rixon a dit…

Ooooh the rat is really creepy. Glad your christmas was good though!

I miss you tons M! I hope you're alright =]
love you like a fat kid loves cake! xxx ♥